Dubliner accused of helping move and dispose of remains of Keane Mulready Woods

A second man, Owen Flood (30), also appeared in court today charged with driving a stolen car and stealing diesel.

Stephen Carberry (46) is also accused of knowingly acting to prevent the murderer from being prosecuted and burning a car for the benefit of a criminal organisation.

No bail application was made on his behalf when he appeared at Dublin District Court today charged in connection with the murder.

He faces trial at the Special Criminal Court and Judge Monika Leech adjourned the case for the preparation of a book of evidence.

Keane Mulready Woods (17) was murdered in Drogheda in January 2020, and his dismembered remains were found in three different locations in the days after he went missing.

Carberry, of Adair Apartments, Sandymount, Dublin 4, is accused of participating in or contributing to the transport and disposal of body parts of Keane Mulready Woods in Trinity Terrace, Ballybough, Dublin 3 on a date between January 13 and 15, 2020. .

The charge alleges that this was for the purpose of enhancing the ability of a criminal organization to commit murder, and that it was intended to do so or was reckless.

He is accused of acting to prevent the apprehension or prosecution of a person who committed murder, knowing or believing that he was guilty of such or another crime, between the same dates.

Stephen Carberry (46) of Sandymount Avenue, Dublin 4, photographed at the Criminal Justice Courts (CCJ) on Parkgate Street in Dublin. Photo: Paddy Cummins

Carberry is also accused of damaging by fire a Volvo V40 car with false number plates on Trinity Terrace for the benefit of a criminal organization on January 15, 2020.

Detective Sergeant Enda O’Sullivan presented evidence of Mr Carberry’s arrest, charges and caution this morning. She said the defendant replied “I was never in Ballybough” to one of the charges and did not respond to the others.

They gave him copies of the indictment.

The Public Prosecution Service prosecutor was leading the prosecution trial at the Special Criminal Court, Detective Sergeant O’Sullivan said. No bail application was made to Mr.

On behalf of Carberry and Judge Leech he was remanded in custody to appear in court again on May 31.

He granted free legal aid at the request of Mr Carberry’s lawyer, John Feaheny.

A second man, Owen Flood (30), also appeared in court today charged with driving a stolen car and stealing diesel.

Flood, of Ballybough Avenue, is accused of using a car, without the owner’s consent, on Sandymount Avenue on December 15, 2019, and stealing diesel worth €50.88 from Applegreen Service Station, M1, Baldrumman , Lusk, on December 22 of that year.

Detective Sergeant Fergus Finnegan said that when arrested and charged this morning, Mr Flood responded: “I will plead guilty immediately” to the first charge.

Detective Sergeant Finnegan said the DPP’s directions in Mr Flood’s case were for prosecution in the circuit court.

Flood’s lawyer, Aoife McTaggart, said he was reserving bail. Legal aid was granted and Mr Flood was remanded in custody until the same date, 31 May.

Keane Mulready-Woods was last seen alive in Drogheda on 12 January 2020.

Partial remains, including his limbs, were found in a bag in Moatview Gardens, Coolock, on January 13, 2020.

Two days later, his head and hands were found in the boot of a burnt-out car in Trinity Terrace, Ballybough.

Keane’s torso was discovered during a search of vacant land in Rathmullen Park in Drogheda on March 11, 2020.

Gardai suspect he was murdered by “notorious” criminal Robbie Lawlor, who was involved in a gang dispute in Drogheda and was shot dead in April 2020.

Last year two men were jailed for helping a criminal gang carry out the “heinous and appalling” murder.

Paul Crosby received a 10-year sentence, while his co-accused Gerard Cruise received seven years in prison by the Special Criminal Court.

They were each given an additional six-month suspension.

Crosby (28) and Cruise (50), both from Rathmullan Park, pleaded guilty to facilitating murder in Rathmullan Park between January 11 and 13, 2020.

The couple drove the victim to the home where he was murdered, but there was no evidence that they were present at the time or location of the murder.