Mike Tyson ‘feeling 100%’ after medical scare on plane

Mike Tyson reportedly required paramedic care at the end of a flight from Miami to Los Angeles.  (Cooper Neill/Getty Images for Netflix)

Mike Tyson reportedly required paramedic care at the end of a flight from Miami to Los Angeles. (Cooper Neill/Getty Images for Netflix)

Mike Tyson says he “feels 100%” after a medical scare on a plane from Miami to Los Angeles.

Tyson, 57, experienced the medical issue on a Sunday flight that prompted a call to a doctor during the flight and required attention from paramedics when the plane landed, In Touch Weekly reports. An unidentified witness aboard the plane described the scene to the publication.

“Mike had some kind of medical emergency on the plane and the paramedics boarded,” the witness said. “Before the paramedics arrived, the flight made an announcement asking for a doctor. The message even reached everyone’s screens.”

Tyson addressed his status directly for the first time in a social media message on Tuesday along with a shot at upcoming boxing opponent Jake Paul.

Tyson’s representatives issued a statement a day earlier addressing the report and his condition, telling the media that Tyson is “doing very well” following an ulcer flare-up.

“Fortunately, Mr. Tyson is doing very well,” the statement read. “He felt nausea and dizziness due to an ulcer outbreak 30 minutes before landing. He thanks the medical staff who were there to help him.”

According to a witness on board the plane, passengers heard a pre-recorded message over the intercom asking if there were medical personnel on board with about 30 minutes left in the flight. It is not clear from the report whether anyone on board responded. The witness told In Touch that paramedics boarded the plane once it landed at LAX.

“They asked us to stay on the plane and they landed so the paramedics could get in,” the witness said. “(The flight attendant) said something like, ‘He’s a very important passenger, so we want to make sure he’s okay.’ She knew it was him, but I said the words ‘Mike Tyson’ and she nodded.

No further details about the incident on the plane were reported. Tyson’s representatives did not provide any more information about his condition than in the initial statement.

Tyson is scheduled to return to the boxing ring to face Paul on July 20 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Tyson, a former heavyweight champion, is one of the most feared fighters in the history of the sport, but he hasn’t boxed in a sanctioned fight in 19 years.

He will enter his showdown with Paul touting a record of 50-6 with 44 knockouts. Paul, 27, is 30 years younger than Tyson. The fight is scheduled to be Tyson’s first sanctioned fight since he lost to Kevin McBride in 2005. In his statement, his representatives did not address his status for the fight that is scheduled to air on Netflix.